Wednesday, December 9, 2009

919 & 991 06 continued

So its been awhile since I posted. I'm sorry.. This journey has been hard and I forget things constantly! So I left off with AT.

That summer my niece, Emma, was born. I was able to be at the hospital when she was born and James made his way up there. He even held her which was totally awesome. Seeing him with a little baby in his arms made me love him that much more and could see us with ours. I think that he fell in love with her instantly. His youngest son came up too and so that really made me realize we could all be a family.

So Fall of 2006 I was living practically with James at his house. I still had my apartment, but I never stayed there. Only went to pay the rent, get something I forgot or wanted, check the mail, etc. Waste of money! So in October James said why don't you just move in. So of course I agreed and I put in my notice to be out by my birthday! What a great gift! ;-) So slowly I packed and moved in. Only waiting til the last days of course to bring stuff to his place. LOL I remember having to be out by 5 and I locked the keys in the apartment and James had to drive over (he wasn't too thrilled let me tell ya!) to let me and dad in so we could get the last bit and turn in the key! We did it! So by Veteran's Day I was living with James happily!

Then my birthday came. My friends all thought he'd propose and I started hoping so too! Well James didn't get that memo and so I was pretending not to snoop but I couldn't find anything! I had no clue what he bought. Well he gets home from work (he was on third shift now) and said you want your present? Of course I couldn't resist. So he gave it to me... A gift card. Yep.. for Victoria's Secret. Mind you I can't buy their bras so I was like WTF! And he didn't even write anything on a card, just the one they place it in. I was not a happy camper and tried to pretend like it was ok and we went to bed. I sent a text to my friend and she was like No, he probably got something else. Nope that was it! I am not materialistic at all.. Don't get it twisted. But when you get your hopes up its not good! SO I had a breakdown.

Even his oldest son told him you don't get your serious girlfriend a gift card. That is not what you do! LOL So that became a story to tell between us. LOL I got over it slowly, but was disappointed I wasn't engaged. :D

So then Thanksgiving came around and I cooked our first dinner together. Had my famous turkey from the crockpot! It was good and I think he was happy to see me cook. It was my sister and her kids and husband, my dad, James and I. I think that was all. It was good food and good talk. It was like we were all a family. I loved it!

Next up was Christmas. I don't remember doing anything special. I think we got together with my dad somewhere around there, but nothing jumps out. We closed out the year in love and me hoping still that he'd make me his wife. We also learned that a deployment was around the corner. That was something I was not really looking forward to, but was looking forward to having his back while he was gone. He knew this and we moved forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment